St Barnabas is a growing, evangelical charismatic Anglican church. Prominently placed in a cosmopolitan area close to the centre, our church draws members from Cambridge and its surrounding villages. We gather up to 300 people on Sundays across all ages and stages of life. The majority of our members are under 40 with growing youth, student and young adult communities. Our vision is to be followers of Jesus sharing the goodness of God with everyone.
There are 50,000 students in two universities across our wonderful city.
We are looking to appoint a full time student worker to develop our existing outward focused student Barnabas Communities, invest in their leaders and to pioneer and innovate new communities in areas of opportunity across Cambridge.
We seek a student worker who has:
• Confidence in the gospel of Jesus with a desire to see students come to faith.
• A heart for & experience of working with students.
• A desire to see students’ faith develop and to equip students for mission in their local contexts.
• Dedication to growing in their personal relationship with God through prayer, Bible study and engagement with the Holy Spirit.
• A commitment to an accountable lifestyle and to being part of a team.
• A personal heart for mission and a desire to innovate.
• Effective and creative communication skills.
• Keen to develop their leadership skills through training opportunities.
This post is 40 hours a week on a fixed term contract of one year initially and includes 20% of time in the operational support of the church that will be based on the applicant’s skills and experience.
For more Information
A detailed job description and application pack is available from Matt Jones, ring 01223 519526 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 11am on Monday 26th June
Interviews: Thursday 6th July